Seyed Yahya Zahedi Fard
Virtualization engineer with almost 3 years of experience with excellent professional exposure on virtualization, storage, data center and cloud technologies. Also have good knowledge in troubleshooting, providing solutions and training staff within related technologies. Flexible in the ability to adapt to challenges when they arise and at the same time remaining aware of professional roles and boundaries. As a self-directed and self-managed person, I am always pushing myself to deliver ongoing process improvements in anything I do. I am continually evaluating and upgrading my skills so stays at the cutting edge of cloud computing. I am committed to having an impact on the future of any company that I work for, and possesses the enthusiasm and commitment to learn and develop my career within a fast paced and growing business.
Master of Science in Information Technology / Science and Research Branch Islamic Azad University, 2014 – 2016
Bachelor of Science in Computer Software Engineering / Hakim Sabzevari University, 2009 – 2013
Virtualization Engineer / APK Jul 2018 – Present
- As a virtualization engineer, I mainly focus on virtualization, network virtualization and cloud technologies. My responsibility is including designing, implementing and troubleshooting VMware, Storage and Backup solutions. I am primarily working with VMware vSphere, NSX, vRealize, SRM, vSAN and Horizon View, Dell EMC VNX and Unity, Veeam and Veritas.
Virtualization and Windows Server Admin / Abhar Wire and Cable May 2017 – Jun 2018
- Analyzing the requirements of the organization, the concept of operations documents, and system architectures to planning and implement storage and virtualization systems (ESXi).
- Troubleshooting, maintaining, upgrading, and providing solutions to virtualization environment VMware ESXi and HP servers.
- Deploying, configuring, and managing ESXi, VMware Fault Tolerance, High Availability and Distributed Resource Scheduler for highly available services
- Define and perform virtual machines off-site and on-site backups and recovery procedures to ensure full data retrieval using veeam backup.
- Setup monitoring tools ( Zabbix and veeam one) to ensure stable performance of services, virtual machines, servers, and the storage.
- Deploying, configuring, and managing enterprise operating systems including windows server 2008, 2012, 2012R2, and CentOS.
- Deploying, configuring, and managing Microsoft services include ADDS, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, WDS, IIS, GPOs.
- Participate in the designing and reviewing of new windows systems and application deployments.
- Providing technical support and documents for educating end users and new IT staff.
- Analyzing and enhancing operational procedures and new innovative solutions to address
Network Operations Center Technician / Afranet Sep 2016 – Mar 2017
- Proactively monitor all production networks (routers, switches, radios and etc), applications and services.
- Troubleshooting and track all issues in a ticketing system.
- Front-line technical support for issues received from phone calls, emails which don't resolve in Tier1.
- Respond to alarms in monitoring tools according to Afranet operating procedures.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network and provide break/fix resolution or escalation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Junior Network Administrator / System Pardaz Sina Aug 2015 – Jan 2016
- Deploying and configuring Microsoft services include ADDS, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, GPOs.
- Maintaining the virtualization environment (ESXi).
- Backup information using NAS storage.
- Setup and deploy MDaemon mail server.
- Configure and running anti-virus and firewall to protecting network and client.
- Monitoring, maintaining, and upgrading of existing personal computer systems.
- Provide help desk support and resolve problems to the end user's satisfaction.
- Provide 24-hour on-call support to ensure rapid recovery from software or hardware problems for mission-critical systems and network.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
System Consultant / Bahan Gostar Engineering Services Sep 2013 – Present
- Working as a system consultant, so far I've been responsible for information technology mechanisms to ensure that such processes are adequate and functional.
The Journal of Supercomputing
A dynamic VM consolidation technique for QoS and energy consumption in cloud environment
6th International Symposium on Computational and Business Intelligence
A Novel Virtual Machine Selection Policy for Virtual Machine Consolidation
VMware Install, Configure, Manage - Class
VMware Optimize and Scale - Class
EMC Information Storage and Management - Class
CCNA Routing and Switching - Class
MikroTik Certified Network Associate - Class
Microsoft Certified IT Professional - Class
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert - Self Study
Certifications / Languages
VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization
VMware Certified Professional 6.5 – Data Center Virtualization
VMware Certified Professional - Desktop and Mobility 2019
VMware vSAN 2017 Specialist
MikroTik Certified Network Associate
Persian: Native or bilingual proficiency
English: Limited Working proficiency
German: Elementary proficiency